Hello to you all, and happy May! I am so excited to share another delicious brownie recipe with you today, one that I am sure will please your taste buds!:) Although I do have a couple brownie recipes on this blog, this fudge-filled dessert is a bit more “cake-like” in texture. Oh my….Dear friends…It is absolutely yummy!!
One of the reasons this recipe excites me is because it uses Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour, a grain-free, gluten-free, and nut-free flour, which works as an excellent substitute for wheat in many dishes. Cassava is also known as “yucca” and is a staple root vegetable in several African, Asian, and Latin American countries. When dried, this root vegetable can be used as the flour component in various recipes ( http://www.ottosnaturals.com/faq/). I have loved my new “grain free discovery”, and I am thinking it could add a whole lot of fun to my kitchen as I experiment with it in a few more breads and baked goods this year! If you are interested in this flour, or would like to learn more, head on over to the Otto’s Naturals website and check out this FAQ’s on cassava! And make sure to indulge in one of these delectable brownies while you read. Your day may just have gotten a little better! (And definitely a bit more tasty. 😉
*Note: Thank you to Heather from Cook It Up Paleo for the original recipe. A few adjustments were made in what I have posted below. If you would like to view Heather’s recipe, you can check it out here! And make sure to spend a little time visiting her blog. She has some great recipes to share!
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, Grade B preferred
- 1/3 cup Ghee (Coconut oil works well too.) *Note: Make sure to use the $10 off coupon link located on my blog sidebar if you have never ordered from Vitacost! 🙂
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- One chocolate ganache recipe from Comfy Belly (here). (*Note: You can sub out the coconut oil, and use Ghee or grass fed butter instead, and this works too. 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8×8 pan. Set the pan aside while you prep your brownies.
- In a sauce pan, combine the dark chocolate, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and ghee over low heat. Stir frequently, being careful not to burn your chocolate. Pour this chocolate mixture into a medium sized bowl. Add in the eggs, cassava flour, vanilla, sea salt, and baking soda. Mix well, making sure everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour your brownie batter into the prepared baking dish, and place in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool slightly, and then poke holes in various spots on the brownies. Drizzle the fudge ganache over the top and spread evenly. The ganche will drizzle down into the brownies, making for an extra delectable treat! 🙂
- Enjoy, and make them again for friends! 🙂
*Note: This post contains affiliate links.